Friday, September 12, 2014

Gaming Bucket List, Baby Bestiary, and a Grayhaven Comics Submissions




THE GAMING BUCKET LIST

As I went through my book cases and dusted my many volumes of quaint and curious volumes of forgotten lore, I found myself singling out a few games that I have never had a chance to play but I have been in love with for a long, long time. Some of them I have the complete set for, while others I find myself staring at DriveThruRPG and thinking "Ooh, I could own all the books in that bundle! It's just a click away!"

Those thieving bastards, so insidiously offering PDFs at discounted prices. I'm onto their chicanery.

Anyays, I found myself thinking that sometime throughout October I should go back to games that I either haven't played in years or haven't played ever. I either never found a group willing to play them or the game wasn't as popular as I would have liked. Still, before I go up to meet that Dungeon Master In The Sky, I'd like to play each of these games at least once.


  • As you can tell by the first logo I posted, I really want to play Demon: the Fallen. When it came out I remember being very skeptical of it but after following its development on Shadownessence and the old WoD forums, it's a really cool game! I remember making several characters for it (and even won a competition on Shadownessence for it) and I would love to play it. 
  • Mummy: the Resurrection. Still one of my all time favorite games and because of it I have several friends who I have known for more than half my life. A very underrated game, it was nice to see one book in the WoD that took a stand against the dark evil. 
  • Heavy Gear is a game that was my first introduction to mech RPGs and had a lasting influence on me. Hell, because of Heavy Gear I discovered my love of heavy tanks in Mech RPGs and led to me being a member of the Hell's Horses clan from Mechwarrior.
  • A Tragedy In Five Acts is a really cool indie game by the folks at Growling Door Games. Five players work together to tell a story of Shakespearean tragedy. 
  • World of Warcraft d20 may seem like an odd duck on this list, but it was the game I played throughout college and I still look back on it fondly. I really want to get the old gang together and do a "10 years later" story with our old characters.
  • Hunter: the Reckoning was a game I played on the old White Wolf forums. I was Cameraman1345, an Avenger who became Imbued while filming a low budget ripoff of COPS and the criminal they chased turned out to be a Kindred.
  • Dawg: the RPG. I know, I wrote the Player's Guide and the Dawg Master's Guide but I have yet to play a full game of it! Loogie the Pug shall live! 
There are many, many more but that's just a start. What games would be on your bucket list?


THE BABY BESTIARY

Andreas Walters over at Metal Weave Design has a Kickstarter up at the moment. I could tell you about it, but I think I'll show you the artwork first.




That's right, it's an art book and calendar series dedicated to the baby/cub/hatchlings (or in the Chimera's sake, all three!) of famous fantasy monsters. It looks amazing, and Andreas has been pretty excited about this thing for a while.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/metalweavedesigns/the-baby-bestiary

Course we all know what has to come next Andreas....LOLHATCH! LOLstiary? LOL....funny captioned monsters!

GRAYHAVEN COMICS OPENS SUBMISSIONS

And finally, Grayhaven Comics is opening their last round of submissions for the year! If you are an aspiring artist, colorist, or writer I wholeheartedly suggest checking them out. I have worked with them in the past and they are just great people to work with.

http://www.grayhavencomics.com/submit/

No comments:

Post a Comment